So, it’s another new year today and it seems this blog has been left untouched for really a long time. Inspired by HN people at this thread here, I would like to do a little post reviewing year 2014 and planning for 2015 too. But I’m too shy to post on HN, so this is what I have on my own humble blog.
Things done in 2014:
- Biggest achievement in 2014 is that we bought a flat back in April although we had to take a bank loan to pay for it. The bare unit was only done in November and there is no furniture in it yet. It is not as a perfect house as I dreamed of before, but it is good enough for us at the moment.
- Worked less on side projects. I found myself having more free time in the first half of the year because most of the side projects were finished and/or stable. However, new (longer term) side projects appeared in the second half and they took too much time and effort.
- Enough traveling was done. There weren’t many new destinations and most of the travel was done because of item #1, but time spent on each trip improved a lot, so that is totally fine.
- Successfully finished an online short course.
- Discovered and switched to many cool tools such as git, tmux, mosh …
- Reduced stuff owned by a lot by bringing them back, throwing away.
Things should be done in 2015:
- Pay back the bank loan we took.
- Finish flat decoration and purchase furniture.
- Further reduce work on side projects. Quit long term side projects.
- Travel to new destinations. Target: at least 4 more new places.
- Learn new stuff (non technical and technical). At least one full online course should be achieved.
- Buy and read more books. One book every month would be nice. Start building a mini library at home.
- Further reduce owned stuff so that it will be a lot easier to move place.
- Start doing exercise and being healthy.
- @ January 1, 2015 5:49 am